HDR Brachy Therapy
High-dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy works by delivering radiation directly to and within tumors without affecting the surrounding healthy tissue. In some cases, it can be an excellent effective alternative to conventional surgery. HDR brachytherapy is administered over only a few days with very little discomfort to you. You’ll experience fewer side effects because less radiation reaches surrounding healthy organs and tissue compared to traditional external beam radiation treatments or permanent seed implants.
• Reduces treatment time to days instead of weeks.
• Provides fewer side effects by placing radiation directly into the tumor.
• Offers greater control and accuracy of treatment, including dosing, source of radiation location and time it stays at each location.
• Requires minimal recovery time, allowing you to go home within hours after treatment with few restrictions.
• Preserves internal tissues, as no radioactive seeds migrate into other organs.
• Able to shape radiation dose to fit the tumor.
• Allows completion of radiation before chemotherapy begins, if required.
CALL US TODAY FOR INFORMATION